Subscribe:

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Margarita Cupcakes

These cupcakes seemed almost too good to be true when I found them. Margaritas and cupcakes, two of the things I love together at last!

I used the Margarita Cupcake recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. I have tried several recipes from her blog and while her results look delicious I have never had a successful venture using a recipe from her blog. This was completely different.

I did however use a slightly modified icing recipe because I personally don't care for the taste of buttercream.


This recipe also contains tequila in the cupcakes, on top of the cupcakes and in the frosting. :) 
This cupcakes was a little denser than what I was used to but was still delicious. The tequila is however, optional but it does make the Margarita Cupcakes well more Margarita-y.



I wish I had a zester to get some really good lime zests to garnish with but all I had to work with was a hand grater. I also used sugar crystals to decorate with instead of salt as the recipe calls for.  I used a 1M star tip to frost the cupcakes with. 

The cupcake and frosting recipe can be found here. 

1 comment:

Rach said...

These were SO good! But you already knew that ;)
Can I request orange cinnamon rolls for my birthday? Or maybe cherry coke cupcakes? PLEASE :)

Post a Comment