Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

S'more Cookies

I saw this cookies online and thought they looked like pure magic. I love s'mores. Everyone loves s'mores. But I was never a huge graham cracker fan. I did make s'mores once with the keebler shortbread cookies striped with chocolate. That was a genius idea!



But now I have found the perfect solution. S'mores in cookie form!

My first attempt at this recipe was a botched job. They turned out more like lace cookies. Still delicious but ugly and not what I was looking for. They were spreaders. I tried to chill the dough but it barely helped. So I tried again the next morning. I ended up adding about a half cup of extra flour and cutting the butter down.


I love recipes that remind me of summertime. These s'more cookies were incredible coming out of the oven. They really tasted like a fresh s'more, charred black marshmallow excluded.



I had to cut the butter down and up the flour to get my cookies to the right consistency. 
I also omitted the hershey bars on top (they would have melted and made a huge mess) because I was shipping these. Instead I used chocolate chunks to get that s'more feel.

You can find this recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment