Subscribe:

Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 


This little paper turkey was hand crafted with love. 
Unfortunately this year there were many friends that I missed on Thanksgiving. But I am always thankful for my family and my friends and especially thankful that they have stuck by me this last year. 


Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. I can't remember the last time our whole family was in the house for more than 10 minutes at the same time, let alone sit down for a family dinner together.


Yum Yum YUM! Every family has traditions on Thanksgiving. Here are ours.

New potatoes. Wonderfully delicious with minimal ingredients. Red potatoes, garlic, salt and olive oil. 


These rolls are delicious. We ONLY have them at Thanksgiving and Christmas and for good reason. They're stuffed with cheese.



 These rolls are actually canned biscuits. You place 2 cubes of cheddar cheese on the biscuit and roll it into a ball nice and tight so they don't open up and toss some Mrs. Dash on top then bake per package directions. Even if they do open up like this one did they are still simply amazing.



Pumpkin Cheesecake with a roasted pecan praline topping and whipped cream. Again something we have ONLY during the holidays. 


And lastly, our Christmas tree always goes up on Thanksgiving. This tradition started because it was the earliest I could convince my mom to let me put up the Christmas tree when I was a kid. This year I put up a tree of my very own in my room the first week of November.


Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe can be found here
 I substituted 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice for the cloves and nutmeg.
Praline Topping Recipe can be found here.
 I used 1 cup of pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment