Subscribe:

Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mini-Pepperoni Pizza

Homemade pizza brings back childhood memories when my mother would make us homemade pizzas on the weekend or for when we had friends spend the night. Homemade pizzas are the best because you get to make it exactly as you'd like it, baked to just the right gooey goodness. I've been meaning to make a homemade pizza for awhile and when I saw these mini pepperonis at the grocery store I couldn't resist. They were adorable. They were marketed to be used in pasta but I thought they'd be just fine on top of a pizza.


I found a recipe for pizza dough i've been wanting to try but I was crunched for time so I just bought the pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough and reworked it into a round shape. Instead of using pizza sauce I used canned fire roasted garlic tomatoes. I also used a block of mozzarella that I shredded myself. It's cheaper than buying the packaged shredded cheese and I also read that additives are added into the packaged shredded cheese that hinders it from melting as well.  


They were right! The block of cheese melted much better than the shredded cheese. Before I put the pizza in the oven I did toss some shredded parmesan cheese on top for a little zip.


The mini-pepperonis were very cute. My dog loved them as well. The garlic fire roasted tomatoes were a little much for me. I think  next time I will see if I can find some plain roasted tomatoes. I also can't wait to try the mini pepperonis on some homemade mini pizzas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment